grub-devel

Re: grub2 boot root-on-zfs errors

From: Beeblebrox
Subject: Re: grub2 boot root-on-zfs errors
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 08:13:32 +0200

>> /usr/include/machine/_types.h:65: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm'
>> or '__attribute__' before '__double_t'
>> /usr/include/machine/_types.h:66: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm'
>> or '__attribute__' before '__float_t'
>You system headers do something stupid: they use float/double in
>standalone headers we use option -Dfloat=__grub_poison and
>-Ddouble=__grub_poison to check that we don't use any float/double.
>Unfortunately such stupidity is more widespread that it should be. I'll
>remove poisonin of float/double in trunk.

Hi thanks for the answer. I know nothing at all about "headers", so
may I ask what theprobable cause for this problem on my system might
be? I mean is it Hardware or Software related? From what I read, it
has to do with compiler (gcc46 or clang) behavior. I would like to
correct this if such a thing is possible.

Thanks again.