grub-devel

grub2 boot root-on-zfs errors

From: Beeblebrox
Subject: grub2 boot root-on-zfs errors
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:58:47 +0300

@Andrey:
>> Should not it be (hd0,gpt2)/bsds@/boot/kernel/kernel
Tried that also, same error

@Vladimir:
>> Please reread what Andrey said. poolname is not part of the path.
Somehow, I missed Andrey's answer...
I don't understand however, how "poolname is not part of path". If we
have tank0 as pool and root as dataset, (tank0/root) then from what
Andrey has written, entry should be:
(hd0,gpt2)/root@/boot/kernel/kernel ?
or is it (hd0,gpt2)/@root/boot/kernel/kernel ?
whereas if there is no separate root dataset and root resides directly
on tank0 dataset, entry becomes:
(hd0,gpt2)/@/boot/kernel/kernel ?

>> grub 2.00 is not enough for version 5000. You need current trunk
In order to correctly install a binary in FreeBSD, I must first create
a custom port and a Makefile for it. To do so, I need the source code
to be in tar.bz format. Is there a tar format available, or should I
checkout http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub/trunk/grub and tar the
result?

Thanks again for your patience.