grub-devel

Re: [grub-devel] loongson-2f mini-pc (fuloong) elf image generation.

From: Aleš Nesrsta
Subject: Re: [grub-devel] loongson-2f mini-pc (fuloong) elf image generation.
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 23:10:34 +0200

# stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 9600 -echo
# cat /dev/ttyUSB0 > ttyUSB0.txt

It was 9600 usually, but probably it should be 112500 now, as Vladimir wrote.
If you want, you can ensure some speed on GRUB side by parameter -s ,e.g.:
serial -s 112500

serial
terminal_output console serial
debug=all
insmod ohci
insmod ehci
ls
I didn't get anything captured, sorry...  But with the serial setup,
grub seems to freeze on:

disk/pata.c:274:  status=0x50, error=0x0, sectors=0x0
kern/disk.c:326:  Closing `ata0'.

Something changed in GRUB in the meantime, so try this for current trunk code:

serial
terminal_output console serial
debug=all
nativedisk
ls

> My mistake, the adapter is not a null modem.

At least these pins must be connected by null-modem cable:
3 - 2
2 - 3
5 - 5
This is valid for "classic" 9pin PC connectors on both sides of cable. You can check the cable by ohmmeter if it is correct.

Additionally:
There exist some important USB related patches which are not included in trunk yet - see the history of mail list and search for posts from me and Melki Christian some weeks ago.

BR, Ales