grub-devel

Some questions about GRUB

From: Stojsavljevic, Zoran
Subject: Some questions about GRUB
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 13:38:49 +0000

Hello Vladimir,

Again me… This time with more precise info.

I managed to download GNU bazaar bzr and upgrade my Fedora 18 VM with this package. Then I executed the command:

bzr branch http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub/trunk/grub

And downloaded latest GRUB 5091 source code tree revision, as you pointed to me:

http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/grub/trunk/grub/changes

I made with script ./autogen.sh and installed autogen configure and makefile.*, then I executed configure as:

address@hidden grub]$ ./configure --with-platform=coreboot --prefix=/usr/local --sysconfdir=/etc

Then I did make, changed to superuser and did make install. Everything worked as expected (no errors).

Then instead to use install, I used your modified command:

address@hidden bin]# pwd

/usr/local/bin

address@hidden bin]# ./grub-mkstandalone --grub-mkimage=./grub-mkimage -O i386-coreboot -o ~/projects/payload.elf --modules='ahci ehci usbms part_msdos ext2 fat at_keyboard part_gpt usbserial_usbdebug cbfs' --fonts= --themes= --locales= -d /usr/local/lib/grub/i386-coreboot

omitting --modules-install (in other words installing all modules)

Still, after integrating payload.elf into the coreboot, I was not able to see grub prompt…??? My IVB stops at Post Code 00F8, since I have rudiment of BIOS (SEC + PEI only) -> Coreboot -> GRUB

ME reconfigured to follow properly tiny BIOS + Coreboot. I guess, I am stalling while xfering to GRUB… I was able to boot from Coreboot to BuildRoot (BIOS (SEC + PEI only) -> Coreboot -> BR)!

What I am doing wrong? The target I do this for is INTEL Ivy Bridge CPU.

Any clues?

Best Regards,

Zoran

_______

Most of The Time you should be “intel inside” to be capable to think “out of the box”.

Intel GmbH
Dornacher Strasse 1
85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen, Deutschland
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Lamprechter, Hannes Schwaderer, Douglas Lusk
Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456
Ust.-IdNr./VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
Citibank Frankfurt a.M. (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052