grub-devel

Some questions about GRUB

From: Stojsavljevic, Zoran
Subject: Some questions about GRUB
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 13:56:54 +0000

Spasibo/Thank you, Andrey,

I understand. I am not able to set VGA mode somehow on Coreboot. I got the file
core.elf after doing grub-install command (in /boot/grub/i386-coreboot/
directory), so I am using this file as a payload to Coreboot (have no idea if
this is the correct approach)!?

What I have on my /etc/default/grub file is the following:
GRUB_SERIAL_COMMAND="serial --unit=0 --speed=115200"
GRUB_TERMINAL_INPUT="console serial"
GRUB_TERMINAL_OUTPUT="console serial vga_text"

Still not able to bring it to grub> prompt... Neither on serial console. :(

I have yet another question to all of you: Have anybody of you tried booting
Win7 or Win8 using Coreboot or U-Boot? I guess, this is NOT possible, since
there must be compatible UEFI BIOS, which will boot to Win7/Win8 loader, or to
UEFI compatible GRUB.

Any thoughts about last question?

Thank you,
Zoran
_______
Most of The Time you should be "intel inside" to be capable to think "out of
the box".

Intel GmbH
Dornacher Strasse 1
85622 Feldkirchen/Muenchen, Deutschland
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Christian Lamprechter, Hannes Schwaderer, Douglas Lusk
Registergericht: Muenchen HRB 47456
Ust.-IdNr./VAT Registration No.: DE129385895
Citibank Frankfurt a.M. (BLZ 502 109 00) 600119052