grub-devel

Re: [RFC] Support for UEFI ESP in os-prober

From: Bruce Dubbs
Subject: Re: [RFC] Support for UEFI ESP in os-prober
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 12:03:34 -0500

Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:

I must say I'm generally disappointed with os-prober and have
ideas to move away from it. I'll start another topic for it.

I agree. I would prefer adding an include command so grub.cfg could just do something like:

include /boot/grub/grub.d/*.cfg

and have an install procedure drop in one or more menu items instead of every os install or update rewriting the entire grub.cfg every time.

  -- Bruce Dubbs
     linuxfromscratch.org