grub-devel

Re: Where is GRUB development?

From: Jordi Mallach
Subject: Re: Where is GRUB development?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 21:15:07 +0200

El dl 13 de 05 de 2013 a les 11:43 -0700, en/na Bruce Korb va escriure:
> I have learned that in the grub2 menu mode, you can press "e" and all
> of a sudden you can edit the command line.  It seems my request boils
> down to some documentation.  In the menu code so when I'm looking at
> the menu, there should be something to indicate that I can press "e"
> and edit the line to include a "1" at the end of the line.  I know
> that theoretically every operating system can have command line
> operands that are completely different.  In practicality, however,
> they are 99.99% UNIX derivatives so pressing five keys to get to
> -- right?  Not at home to try….

The default GRUB menu does hint about what you can do, and explicitly
states e will let you edit an entry.

If your distro is theming grub2 and the theme doesn't have that text,
it's not GRUB who's to blame.

address@hidden     address@hidden     http://www.sindominio.net/