grub-devel

How do I find out what module is needed for a command?

From: Paul Menzel
Subject: How do I find out what module is needed for a command?
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 12:28:37 +0200

Dear GRUB developers,

is there a program/script, which module I need to load to get a certain
command? Using my distribution `/boot/grub/grub.cfg`

        $ more /boot/grub/grub.cfg
        […]
        if [ -s $prefix/grubenv ]; then
          load_env
        fi
        set default="1>Debian GNU/Linux, with Linux 3.2.0-4-686-pae"

        if [ x"${feature_menuentry_id}" = xy ]; then
          menuentry_id_option="--id"
        else
          menuentry_id_option=""
        fi
        […]

in my GRUB payload for coreboot, created with

        src/grub/grub-core $ ../grub-mkimage -d . -c grub.cfg -O i386-coreboot
-o ../../grub2.elf memdisk tar ehci ohci uhci usb_keyboard serial all_video
terminal -m ../memdisk.tar

I currently get the following (excerpt) printed to the monitor/serial
line

        Unknown command `if'.
        Unknown command `load_env'.
        Unknown command `fi'.