grub-devel

Re: USB3 3TB HDD boot

From: Seth Goldberg
Subject: Re: USB3 3TB HDD boot
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 10:59:28 -0800

Hi,

  Is this a 4k native drive? (4k physical AND logical sector size) or is it a
512e drive?

 In any case, if your system's BIOS does not present it as a boot option, you
could try GRUB's USB support, but it is a bit flaky (and doesn't directly
support usb3, so depending on how your USB controller is wired, you may not
even be able to do that.)

  --S