grub-devel

Re: fixed item-height, item-spacing, max-elements-shown etc

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Subject: Re: fixed item-height, item-spacing, max-elements-shown etc
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 22:14:29 +0400

В Tue, 5 Feb 2013 19:44:14 +0300 (MSK)
Vladimir Testov <address@hidden> пишет:

> I'm going to write some patches for GRUB2 - mainly for theme handling.
>
> First one - I've faced some bug: maximum number of displayed boot elements is
> counted in presumption that element's height is item_height and distance
> between elements is item_spacing. Nevertheless, this conceptions does not
> work during menu drawing if we have bitmap box of the selected element. Real
> height of the element will be (item_height + box_pad_top + box_pad_bottom -
> 1), where box_pad_top and box_pad_bottom are top and bottom dimensions of
> bitmap box. So we will have strange difficulties with understanding of what
> will be really drawn and what menu height we should use.
>
> The patch fixes these problemes. We will have item_height in every case. So,
> there will be no troubles with item_height, item_spacing and menu height.
> These three variables now mean what they suppose to mean.

I am not sure whether it is appropriate fix. After your patch "box
effect" on selected item is effectively lost (it makes
selected_item_box the same height as selected item itself).

The actual fix looks much simpler - get_num_shown_items() should
additionally account for self->selected_item_box->get_op_pad().

Could you make available theme that demonstrates this problem?