grub-devel

Re: Console Resolution with GRUB2

From: D.J.J. Ring, Jr.
Subject: Re: Console Resolution with GRUB2
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 10:27:23 -0500

Hello Chris and Vlad,

I sent this in again and Chris responded, but for some reason he did not see my question below.  I am copying my question to the top (here) and then I am sending the rest of the email.

I have made the important parts bold so you can find the problem quickly.

Here it is:

However when I run this command I receive an error that I cannot generate 24x24 font size.

# grub-mkfont -s 24 -o unicode.pf2 /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/
unifont.pcf.gz
grub-mkfont: error: can't set 24x24 font size.

Do I need a package to generate these font sizes, if so, which ones?
The entire message is below.

Thanks kindly for the help, and I will forward this to the www.vinuxproject.org devl group because being able to do this will greatly help our target audience - the visually impaired.

Best wishes and again my thanks,

David

I understand that Chris typed the wrong directory.  Instead of mis it should have been misc.

I also found I did not have the package unifont installed.

I installed unifont, and now I have the file in the misc folder:

 locate unifont.pcf.gz
/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/unifont.pcf.gz

However when I run this command I receive an error that I cannot generate 24x24 font size.

# grub-mkfont -s 24 -o unicode.pf2 /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/unifont.pcf.gz
grub-mkfont: error: can't set 24x24 font size.

Do I need a package to generate these font sizes, if so, which ones?

Thanks,

DR