grub-devel

(request) grub2 v1.97 how to debug and what is the real implement of b->

From: cr os
Subject: (request) grub2 v1.97 how to debug and what is the real implement of b->allocate_pages.
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 11:34:07 +0800

Dears,
I'm pulzzed with some problems when reading grub2 v1.97 source code. Could you please help me?

Q1: About grub2 debug. Where does the grub2 log file(exist?) locate? Such as grub_dprintf, grub_fatal, grub_error function calls. Grub2 is a bootloader, it will load OS later, so the file system still not ready for grub2 creating a log file at that time, does it? Then how to debug grub2?

Q2: About efi_call_4 function call. For an example, grub2 v1.97, in grub2\kern\efi\mm.c  grub_efi_allocate_pages function:
efi_call_4 (b->allocate_pages, type, GRUB_EFI_LOADER_DATA, pages, &address);
I couldn't find the real function define of the pointer "b->allocate_pages", what will be call after the efi_call_4(as below) function been called?

Thanks! Wating for your kind feedback.

crosvia