grub-devel

Re: Does Grub 2.00 fix the gfxmenu delay when using a theme?

From: Seth Goldberg
Subject: Re: Does Grub 2.00 fix the gfxmenu delay when using a theme?
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:01:54 -0700

Hi,

On Aug 10, 2012, at 9:40 AM, Gerard Butler <address@hidden> wrote:

I searched all around to see if the gfxmenu was patched in 2.00 to fix the delay some users were experiencing when using a theme for Grub, so I was just wondering if this was fixed or not (I experience this on one of my laptops, and recently started experiencing it on another laptop recently once I set up a triple boot). Every time I make a new theme I get asked by 5-8 users as to why there's a delay, and I don't really know what to tell them or how to fix it. If upgrading to 2.00 fixes the issue then I'd be glad to point them in the right direction on how to do so.

There were a few optimizations that Vladimir and others committed, so please try the latest trunk.  In my experience, the changes resulted in a 2x speedup.  There is still a small delay but it's reasonable now.

  --S