grub-devel

Re: Horizontal menus in grub themes

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: Horizontal menus in grub themes
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 16:02:48 -0400

On Mon, Jul 09, 2012 at 01:33:12PM -0600, Gerard Butler wrote:
> Hey I was just wondering if this would be difficult to implement, and if it
> would be possible for this to be a feature sometime in the future. It would
> open up some new theming capabilities, but I understand why you wouldn't want
> diverge resources into this feature. This is just for curiosity's sake.

I seem to recall someone was working on that sometime in the last year.
Check the mailing list archive to see where they got to.

Starts here: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2011-04/msg00083.html
then: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2011-05/msg00064.html
then: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2011-06/msg00004.html
and http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2011-06/msg00005.html

I think that was the entire thread over a couple of months.

--
Len Sorensen