grub-devel

Re: grub-probe seems to be having problems

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: grub-probe seems to be having problems
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 20:14:08 +0100

On 08.03.2012 20:01, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 06:46:42PM +0100, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:
Yes, I've just fixed one. grub-fstest works on big-endian now.
Couldn't test grub-probe since the Ubuntu on my PPC test machine is
outdated.
I can certainly give it a try if it is in bzr now.
It is.
GRUB always assumes that RAID metadata is in little-endian. We don't
have any "native-endian parsers" since we assume that grub-probe
results are valid for GRUB runtime as well even if they run on
different endianness. If we need any support for structures which
can be either le or be we compile code twice, once for le, once for
be (look at e.g. cpio code). I couldn't test the images created on
big-endian platform due to ancient distro.
Fair enough.
I'll have to download the new distro when I'm on better internet.

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko