grub-devel

Re: [BUG] GRUBs option parsing needs fixing

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: [BUG] GRUBs option parsing needs fixing
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 10:28:04 -0500

On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 04:18:05PM +0100, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:
> We don't have to recreate whole GNU in GRUB either, we don't write
> an OS but a bootloader. In particular having -xfoo for isn't
> necessarry and moreover it will conflict with
> search -su <UUID>

So a 'short' option that looks like a 'long' option?

Or is that -s and -u together?

Options can get confusing at times?

> which is already used in the wild.
> The case of --long-option optional argument can be changed
> especially taking into account migration from 1.98 but -xfoo is
> probably out of the question.

I don't see how -xfoo where foo is a parameter for -x can work if you
support multiple short options being merged (which seems common in
GNU programs).

--
Len Sorensen