grub-devel

GRUB debug

From: Razvan Raschitor
Subject: GRUB debug
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 00:58:52 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

    I'm not sure is this is the right place to ask, but here it is. I want to lean how to develop a grub module. First step for me is to try to debug. I've tried this on the existing module : hello.
The problem is that I don't manage to do this. I've searched all over the web for tutorials, but they are all outdated ( I found some patches that supposed to enable debug).
What I did is compile the last grub 2 build, and then I build a bootable image that contains the hello.mod that I compiled. I tried to put a break at a certain line from GDB, but it doesn't work.
I loaded the symbols from hello.module, and I want to break when the hello message is displayed.
Is there any tutorial that will help be figure out how to debug? Can you help me?