grub-devel

Re: Ideas for the future

From: Andreas Vogel
Subject: Re: Ideas for the future
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:33:33 +0100

Am 05.03.2012 13:54, schrieb Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko:
>>> Rather than removing messages better move them to some status bar in
>>> the theme.
>> You didn't get the point. Why should any terminal box open when there is
>> nothing to display?
> I think you don't get mine: if this message goes to status bar it
> doesn't go to the terminal and so it doesn't open.

There are *no* messages at all when executing such entries. No need for
any terminal box or status bar. No messages are removed or need to be
directed to anywhere, because there are no messages, not even one single
character of output. A menuentry flagged as --silent will not produce
any output, never ever. It might produce errors and in this case the
terminal box is opened and the error is shown as it is the case in the
current version.

Anyway, I tried to check out your proposal at least... where can i find
the code handling a status bar?

Andreas