grub-devel

Frozen

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Frozen
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 04:41:28 +0100

Hello, all. As of now trunk is officially frozen. Now the feature patches should be committed to experimental until 2.00 is released. Exceptions are still possible but need to be discussed separately. Following actions are allowed in trunk:
- Bugfixes as long as they are unlikely to add more bugs.
- Documentation updates.
- Adding TRANSLATORS comments. Please avoid changing strings from now on except if they are seriously wrong in order to ensure good translations for 2.00 I'm now running a battery of tests and once they are completed and I caught some sleep it will be uploaded to alpha.gnu.org.
Following pending patches *may* qualify for freeze exceptions:
- relocatable kernel support due to problems associated with overlaying EFI structures.
- EDID support for EFI. It's small, unintrusive and enhances video
- Submenus. Late arrival, seems to be unintrusive

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko