grub-devel

Re: Fix for pkgdatadir grub-mkconfig_lib in all util scripts and grub.d

From: Mike Gilbert
Subject: Re: Fix for pkgdatadir grub-mkconfig_lib in all util scripts and grub.d scripts
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 14:49:19 -0500

2012/2/26 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden>:
> On 21.02.2012 00:57, Grégoire Sutre wrote:
>>
>> On 02/20/2012 06:47 PM, Keshav P R wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>     Attached patch fixes runtime error due to sed transform used in
>>> pkgdatadir
>>

>> Maybe we should apply the sed transform to grub-mkconfig_lib's
>> installation directory, i.e., install grub-mkconfig_lib alongside
>> unicode.pf2 and friends?
>>
> It seems that the guys on autoconf ML use another convention for
> pkgdatadir/pkglibdir. So I made GRUB to behave more like what autoconf guys
> told me. I didn't use any of supplied patches since sed is faster than
> checking a patch by hand.

Ok, so now I get the following error from grub2-install:

address@hidden /boot % sudo grub2-install /dev/sda
cp: cannot stat `/lib64/grub/i386-pc/*.mod': No such file or directory

The modules are actually installed in /lib64/grub2/i386-pc.

This happens with --libdir=/lib64 and --program-transform-name=s,grub,grub2,