grub-devel

Re: grub legacy to grub2 upgrade path

From: ryuo
Subject: Re: grub legacy to grub2 upgrade path
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:34:13 +0100

> And ryuo, I assume that phcoder's recent request there for testing of
> a patch for this applies to you as well.

Interesting patch, but I realize now grub2 isn't the one at fault. The
problem is in an innate flaw in the 0.90 metadata. Even mdadm can get
confused. This happens if I try to setup the RAID with its UUID. I did
find a potential conversion method by telling mdadm to zero out the old
superblock and reconstruct it using metadata version 1.0. This doesn't
have the ambiguity problem. Thanks for the help.