grub-devel

Re: Lists and aliasing (Re: Freeze on 27 February)

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: Lists and aliasing (Re: Freeze on 27 February)
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:51:30 -0500

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 11:18:54AM -0500, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 04:57:11PM +0100, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder'
> Serbinenko wrote:
> >
> > >So with this patch, gcc 4.4 is down to 201 warnings, and gcc 4.6 has 175.
> >
> > > 102 of those warnings are about missing prototypes for argp_usage
> > > _option_is_short and _option_is_end in argp.h which leaves 99 warnings
> > > for gcc 4.4 and 73 for gcc 4.6.
> >
> > Hm we don't add -Wmissing-prototypes for utils
>
> Well it is in WARN_FLAGS and TARGET_CFLAGS in configure.

WARN_FLAGS appears to be new as of Feb 10.

As far as I can tell, the duplication of -Wmissing-prototypes was in:

 2012-02-11  Vladimir Serbinenko  <address@hidden>

        * configure.ac: Remove -Winline altogether and -Wmissing-prototypes on
        utils.
        * util/import_gcry.py: Add -Wno-strict-aliasing on checked modules.

which added -Wmissing-prototypes it to TARGET_CFLAGS, and removed some
stuff from WARN_FLAGS, but did not remove -Wmissing-prototypes from
WARN_FLAGS entirely (since it was actually there twice before, and now
is only there once).

--
Len Sorensen