grub-devel

Re: cruft left over from "make uninstall" [was: failed to build bzr head

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: Re: cruft left over from "make uninstall" [was: failed to build bzr head on powerpc (ieee1275)]
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 22:45:58 -0500

On 02/21/2012 10:23 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 10:01 PM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>>  make install
>>  make uninstall
>>
>> That appears to have left a few files in /usr/local that i think it
>> shouldn't have.
>
> This is why I use my package manger (portage) to install *everything*.

I also use my package manager (dpkg and apt) to install everything
during normal use; however, phcoder wanted me to try some changes
against trunk and my distro's packaging (debian) isn't tracking trunk
directly.

Even if debian was tracking GRUB's trunk directly, when upstream asks me
to test against trunk, i try to test against "vanilla" trunk (without
any distro patches) so i can rule out the distro as the source of any
divergent expectations.

Anyway, "make uninstall" should behave better than it did here, i think.

        --dkg