grub-devel

disable-libzfs configure flag (Re: Freeze on 27 February)

From: Mike Gilbert
Subject: disable-libzfs configure flag (Re: Freeze on 27 February)
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:04:10 -0500

2012/2/21 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden>:
> Hello, it's to announce that from 27th of February the GRUB will be frozen
> for 2.00 release. From that date on, no new features will be committed only
> bugfixes.
> If you have a patch which you think should be included in 2.00 you can ping
> me about it but I might answer that it's postponed after 2.00

It would be really great if you would reconsider the --disable-libzfs
flag that was proposed a few weeks ago.

We figured out my build problem, but the "automagic" dependency still
exists. If you don't add the configure flag, that means I have the
following choices for packaging the software on Gentoo Linux:

1. I can have the ebuild (package spec) depend on libzfs
unconditionally; not really an option given the experimental nature of
the library.
2. I can add a "blocker" for grub + libzfs, meaning that a user may
not install grub and libzfs at the same time.
3. I can patch configure.ac myself. This is likely the path I would take.

Having this in the 2.00 release would save me some patching at the
distro level. I can repost a clean patch if needed.