grub-devel

Re: grub-0.97 reboot

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: grub-0.97 reboot
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 11:15:44 +0100

On 21.02.2012 10:21, pulkit wrote:
Hi all,

I want to add a small feature to the grub-0.97.
GRUB Legacy isn't developped anymore. Please upgrade to GRUB2.
my disk partition layout is
1)partition1-Main kernel(A) and rootfs image(A)
2)partition2-Recovery kernel(B) and rootfs(B).

I have made two entry for these in menu.lst with default set to 0 i.e always execute the main kernel. I am checking sha1 of the kernel during boot time and in case of sha1 mismatch i want to boot with the
second recovery kernel and do firmware recovery.

My sha1 is working fine but i am not able to boot with the second kernel during sha1 mismatch.

Earlier i thought to edit the configuration file(menu.lst) in case of sha1 mismatch and use grub_reboot.
But  no write support is there for ext in grub-0.97.
So I am looking for another methods

Regards
Pulkit