grub-devel

RAIDZ Support

From: Richard Laager
Subject: RAIDZ Support
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2012 14:27:50 -0600

I tried booting off a 3-disk raidz1 pool. By default, ZFS on Linux uses
a GPT label even for whole-disk pools. I've also tried overriding that
and putting the zpool directly on the 3 disks.

Either way, grub-probe / is happy. grub-install /dev/sda doesn't
complain (though grub-install /dev/sd[bc] fails). But when I try to
boot, GRUB says "error: no such device: 451dab4c40fdb4c1." (the GUID
obviously changed when I recreated the pool).

One way, prefix and root use "hd0, gpt1". The other way, they use "hd0".

What should I do to start debugging this?

How can I enable the grub_dprintf() output?

--
Richard