grub-devel

Re: [Patch] Robustly search for ZFS labels & uberblocks

From: Richard Laager
Subject: Re: [Patch] Robustly search for ZFS labels & uberblocks
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 14:31:16 -0600

On Sun, 2012-01-22 at 15:18 +0100, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:
> I've cleaned this patch up (attached). Can you test it on these 4K FSes
> or tell me how to create one w/o really having such a disk?

I'll hopefully be able to do a test install today or tomorrow.

With ZFS on Linux, you can create one with:
 zpool create -o ashift=12 POOLNAME DEVICE

This page covers FreeBSD. Search for the "3. ZFS" header:
 http://ivoras.net/blog/tree/2011-01-01.freebsd-on-4k-sector-drives.html

--
Richard