grub-devel

does the chainloader command ever return?

From: Loving, Kent
Subject: does the chainloader command ever return?
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 08:47:55 -0800

In all the grub config files I’ve scanned, chainloader is always the last command, which makes sense. But if there is an error in starting the chain load, does chainloader return with some error code?

I want a dual-boot system (windows XP/linux) that normally boots the windows XP partition, but if that partition is not yet loaded or horribly corrupted, I want grub to automatically boot the other (linux) partition.

Kent Loving
425-315-3043 (cell)
206-544-8038 (desk)