grub-devel

New command to check NT's hibernation state

From: Peter Lustig
Subject: New command to check NT's hibernation state
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:49:45 -0500

Hello all,

I would like to contribute a small module I wrote to read the header of MS Window's "hiberfil.sys" and determine whether it is in use (i.e. Windows has been suspended to disk). What is the procedure for donating code? Would I need commit rights to the repository, or would someone else do it for me? The source for the module is attached.

Thanks,
Peter Lustig

P.S. I have tested the code and verified it works for Windows 7. Also, from what I understand about "hiberfil.sys" from the SandMan project (cf. <http://www.msuiche.net/pres/PacSec07-slides-0.4.pdf>), it should work for Windows Vista and XP as well.