grub-devel

Re: Add prefix option to grub-mkconfig

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Add prefix option to grub-mkconfig
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 14:26:52 +0100

On 22.11.2011 10:21, Keshav P R wrote:
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 03:53, Seth Goldberg <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Quoting Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko, who wrote the
    following on...:

        prefix will be "X". Just on runtime it will add platform to it
        when

     Sorry -- prefix is the wrong term.  It is interesting that you're
    going beyond what I thought, though; I thought you were just going
    to do what grub-mkrescue did by creating the platform subdirs and
    putting grub.cfg in there that does platform-specific stuff then
    sources ../grub.cfg;  I think that was a good approach, since you
    ended up with the generic entries in the ../grub.cfg file and
    platform-specific goodness in the platform dirs.

For now can you please check-in grub-mkconfig-Use_outside_GRUB_PREFIX_if_defined.patch (file attached). I can't think of any other way more simple than this. For usage like (as root)

# GRUB_PREFIX="/boot/efi/efi/grub" grub-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/efi/grub/grub.cfg

Without the rest it's an inconsistent kludge.
This is definitely not the best or the long-term solution but for now this will suffice (till the actual option to be used is decided). Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Keshav