grub-devel

Re: [bug] Wrong machtype argument passed for fuloong-2f

From: David Kuehling
Subject: Re: [bug] Wrong machtype argument passed for fuloong-2f
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 22:46:12 +0200

> * David Kuehling (address@hidden) [111029 11:37]:
>> according to my /proc/cmdline grub passes
>> machtype=lemote-fuloong-2f-unknown as first argument to the linux
>> kernel.

> Did you see any issues because of that in Linux? Fallback within linux
> is MACH_LEMOTE_FL2F which is the one used with the argument
> "lemote-fuloong-2f-box" (not saying this bug shouldn't be fixed, but
> ...). Also I think grub should just forward the parameters added by
> pmon, but not adding them itself (except for the parameters via the
> grub configuration, e.g. root=...).

BTW it looks like it is impossible to override machtype= parameter from
the kernel command line configured in boot/grub/grub.cfg, since linux
code in loongson/common/machtype.c uses the first occurence of
"machtype=" in arcs_cmdline[]. Is this behaviour by design or by
accident?  Is this linux' fault or grub's fault?  One could change grub
to append machtype= rather than prepend it to the command line...

cheers,

David