grub-devel

porting info

From: Dominik Táborský
Subject: porting info
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:47:39 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I am considering porting Grub2 to HelenOS system, which does not prefer any
standard API and instead has its own.

On the IRC channel a guy told me I need to port just grub-probe and grub-setup
(please correct me if wrong). I am looking for some information, overview or
something that would help me understand how things work inside GRUB2.

Primarily I'd like to know what should be ported (files and stuff) and a bit of
guidance (like "don't try to fix that [...]").

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Dominik