grub-devel

Re: Mouse support in GRUB

From: Vincent Pelletier
Subject: Re: Mouse support in GRUB
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2011 23:11:36 +0200

Le samedi 01 octobre 2011 15:39:12, Tirtha Chatterjee a écrit :
> So I wish to work on implementing mouse support for GRUB.

I've attached the result of my early fidling with grub on sparc.
Yeah, once I got grub to load, I made a serial msmouse work instead of working
on things like actually getting it to boot any OS.

It most certainly won't be applying cleanly on current code, and it is highly
unlikely that I rebase it myself.

This adds 2 modules to grub, each with a single command.
Both modules require ieee1275, and were only tested on sparc.
One opens a serial port and moves a mouse cursor on screen. It doesn't
integrate with anything (no event system...).
The other draws a mandelbrot fractal (this is off-topic, but it was in the
same patch...).

More seriously, I feel the only value in this patch is in the ieee1275
wrappers for framebuffer entrypoints.

If anyone feels like integrating any chunk, please do. I had signed the
copyright assignment back then, so you can consider the FSF own copyright on
that patch already, as far as I'm concerned.

--
Vincent Pelletier