grub-devel

GRUB2 module for detecting OS in suspension?

From: address@hidden
Subject: GRUB2 module for detecting OS in suspension?
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 12:22:39 +0200

Dear developers,

is there any planning for letting GRUB2 detect operating
systems in suspension (suspend to disk)?
I think this task should be delegated to GRUB and not to
some shell script which alters the configuration files.
Upon detection GRUB could boot the suspended system
automatically without prompting (as most users would want
it). It should also warn if there is more than one suspended
system (which could be dangerous).

So far I have seen no solution for a happy coexistence of
Linux and Windows. If both have access to the other's file-
system and suspend to disk is being used one can run into a
pile of **** if accidentally booting the wrong OS...

Keep up the good work,
                             LC (address@hidden)