grub-devel

Gfxmenu does not work for me

From: Bernard Kolobara
Subject: Gfxmenu does not work for me
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 21:22:12 +0200

Hello,

I downloaded the latest GRUB source from the Bazaar today and compiled
it for the i686-pc platform.
I installed grub on a NTFS formatted USB flash drive with:

grub-install --no-floppy --boot-directory=/media/USB /dev/sdb
(this takes 100x more time than installing to a fat32 USB)

After that I got grub to boot without grub.cfg

I tried Colin Bennett's grub.cfg file from here:

http://grub.gibibit.com/files/overlay_2009-07-19.tar.gz

with all the themes/fonts.

But after booting grub complains about not having the pc.mod file and
boots into the standard UI.

Here is the grub.cfg:

insmod pc
insmod biosdisk