grub-devel

Re: Using grub on fuloong 6004

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Using grub on fuloong 6004
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 13:36:43 +0200

> Now grub comes up and displays a prompt, but not a menu.  Keyboard
> doesn't work however, so I cannot do anything with grub yet.

You can use the serial
> I tried to re-run grub-mkimage with module 'usb_keyboard' and 'ahci'
> added, but that didn't help, keyboard still not working:

usb_keyboard was obviously missing so I thought you use serial. Fuloong
neither uses nor implements AHCI.
> sudo grub-mkimage --config=/boot/grub.elf.conf
> --output=/boot/grub4-4k.elf --format=mipsel-fuloong-elf --verbose ata
> pata part_msdos ext2 reboot halt lspci ohci ahci usbtest usbms linux fat
> xfs part_gpt multiboot2 minicmd configfile gcry_md5 hashsum usb_keyboard
>
> grub.elf.conf:
>
> set root=pata0,msdos1
> set prefix=($root)/grub
Only module was renamed. Not the names of disks. You can achieve same
result much more easily with -p '(ata0,msdos1)/grub'
> I also ran 'grub-install' once, which put a full set of grub modules to
> /boot/grub.  However, it failed to generate a grub image and complained:
>
> $ sudo /usr/local/sbin/grub-install
> /usr/local/bin/grub-mkimage: error: cannot stat
> /usr/local/lib/grub/mipsel-loongson/uhci.mod.

Fix attached
> according to lsusb, my keyboard is a
>
> Bus 002 Device 003: ID 0b51:0020 Comfort Keyboard Co. Comfort Keyboard
>
> , connected to the top-right usb slot.  Other than that only a usb-mouse
> is also connected.  No hubs or other advanced usb-hardware.
Can you try w/o mouse? Can you try with hotplugging keyboard rather than
having one on boot?