grub-devel

Re: Mounting a virtual hard-disk and booting from it

From: Swapnesh Chaubal
Subject: Re: Mounting a virtual hard-disk and booting from it
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:55:53 -0400

Hey All,

For some reason I'm not getting mails in address@hidden. Could someone kindly forward the replies to this id too?

Thanks,
Swapnesh

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 3:02 PM, Swapnesh Chaubal <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey folks,

I use a script from VMWare to read a virtual hard-disk and then mount it to a drive in Linux. How can I boot from this mounted drive using grub (I need to mount the drive before booting to any OS). I could have all the mounting stuff written in a python/bash script. However, is there a way to run that script from GRUB or a GRUB module?

Thanks,
Swapnesh