grub-devel

Contribution: a file loading module

From: Pierre-Nicolas Clauss
Subject: Contribution: a file loading module
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 18:11:32 +0200

Hi folks,

I subscribed to this list in order to share with you a humble
contribution of mine to grub.

As an OS developer enthusiastic, I needed to load a file to memory at
a given specific address.
No command in grub 1.99 was fitting my needs (as my file as no
semantic known to grub: it's not a module, it's not an initrd, it's
not a multiboot kernel either), so I developed my own module.

Please find included the source code of this module. For now, I've
added a copyright notice with my name and a mention to the GPLv3, but
I'm willing to share the source under GPLv3+ and/or hand over my
copyright rights to the GNU project if needed.
Also note that I wrote this module based on what I understand from
grub after reading its source, so please forgive me if I used the
wrong method.

Cheers,

Pierre-Nicolas "pini" Clauss