grub-devel

RE: Keyboard layouts

From: Treutwein Bernhard
Subject: RE: Keyboard layouts
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 15:22:29 +0200

Hi Vladimir,

now I had success in using

>  ckbcomp /usr/share/X11/xkb/symbols/de | grub-mklayout -o /boot/de.gkb

and

> in grub.cfg:
> keymap /boot/ch.gkb
> terminal_input at_keyboard

but I had to boot grml (a Debian sid based recovery distro) to create
the de.gkb file. Normally I'm using TinyCore for testing Grub-2, but
TinyCore only has the BusyBox kmap file format. There are hints (see:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php?topic=9730.msg52949#msg52949)
that the kmap format is essentially the loadkeys format in a more
compact form.

Do you know a way to convert the kmap format used by BusyBox to the
format expected by Grub-2?

regards
--
  Bernhard