grub-devel

Re: grub-probe can't find device (regression) Bug #33133

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: grub-probe can't find device (regression) Bug #33133
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:27:13 +0100

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 09:29:46AM +0200, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
wrote:
> Ian Dall wrote:
> > Steppign through with gdb, it seems that the list of entries gets
> > created properly, but around line 209, there is something curious:
> >
> >       if (entries[i].major != 0)
> >     continue; /* not a virtual device */
>
> @cjwatson: it's a mismerge. Could you fix it?

It is indeed.  Sorry about that.  I had the two relevant patches in the
opposite order in my quilt series from the order in which they were
applied to trunk, and a certain amount of confusion resulted from
resolving this.

I've removed this bogus test now.

2011-04-21  Colin Watson  <address@hidden>

        * grub-core/kern/emu/getroot.c
        (grub_find_root_device_from_mountinfo): Remove non-virtual-device
        test that was incorrectly reintroduced in r3214.
        Reported by: Ian Dall.  Fixes Savannah bug #33133.

Thanks,