grub-devel

Make grub treat a virtual hard disk as a physical hard disk

From: Swapnesh Chaubal
Subject: Make grub treat a virtual hard disk as a physical hard disk
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:37:32 -0400

Hey,

I am working on booting a physical machine using VHD files (regarding which I have not accomplished much) and I believe one way to go about it would be to make grub treat a virtual hard disk as physical hard disk. This way, the physical machine does not need to know what it is booting from and the rest of the booting and running should proceed as it normally does.

Is there any way to achieve this?

Thanks and Regards,
Swapnesh