grub-devel

RE: GRUB2 Out of Memory Error

From: Gus Zernial
Subject: RE: GRUB2 Out of Memory Error
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 15:54:30 -0700 (PDT)

I'd like to add a couple things to my post a couple days ago.

First, I tried downloading latest GRUB2 using "bzr branch
http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/r/grub/trunk/grub";, and compiling/installing per
instructions therein, and the error has changed to "Out of Disk" error.

Second, the error occurs only if I issue "halt" or otherwise completely shut
down, and subsequently re-start. If I do a reboot the error does not occur.

As I said in my previous post, I can correct the error by using the Kubuntu
install disk, going into rescue mode and doing update-grub, but if I do a halt
and subsequently re-start, the problem always re-occurs.

Gus