grub-devel

AMI Aptio EFI booting problems on ASUS G73SW-A1

From: Nate Weibley
Subject: AMI Aptio EFI booting problems on ASUS G73SW-A1
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 15:10:12 -0500

Hey GRUB devs,

I've been having some trouble getting GRUB2 to load Arch x86_64 on my ASUS G73SW-A1. Specifically, if I do not specify noefi on the linux command line in my grub.cfg everything stalls at initrd.

I substituted noefi for add_efi_memmap and added set debug=all before initrd is used.

The system stalled again, but I did get some debugging output. A link to the output is below; apologies for having to take a picture with my cell phone as the laptop does not have a usable serial port for capture.
http://imgur.com/40lLO

If I can provide any additional info or take any additional debugging steps, please let me know.

--
--Nate Weibley