grub-devel

terminal_input=at_keyboard not working

From: Frédéric Boiteux
Subject: terminal_input=at_keyboard not working
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 15:18:50 +0100

        Hello,

  I've installed the 1.99rc1 version of Grub2 on my Debian system to
use the new keyboard layout system. I've read that to work, I have to
set up following configuration :

* in /etc/default/grub :

GRUB_TERMINAL_INPUT=at_keyboard

* in /etc/grub.d/40_custom :

insmod keylayouts
keymap /boot/grub/bepo.gkb

with the Grub's keymap 'bepo.gkb' done with :
ckbcomp fr bepo |grub-mklayout -v -o /boot/grub/bepo.gkb

  I've tested this config on one laptop with success, but on another, a
HP 6730b, I found that 'GRUB_TERMINAL_INPUT=at_keyboard' does freeze
the system, and I've to restart the system from a USB key to recover
the grub system (I didn't find a way to tell Grub2 to ignore its
grub.cfg file).

  Do you know a possible cause for my problem, and some possible
solution ?

        Thanks,
                Fred.