grub-devel

Re: grub2 vga problem with [revno: 3054]

From: Jeff Chua
Subject: Re: grub2 vga problem with [revno: 3054]
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 10:30:36 +0800

2011/1/29 Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden>
On 01/28/2011 05:35 PM, Jeff Chua wrote:

> It seems after revno: 3504 is applied, booting linux with
> terminal_output gfxterm and background_image caused the screen to
> hang. Reverting the patch solves the problem.

Have you tried
gfxpayloadforcelfb=y

Here's my grub.cfg ...

set default=0
set gfxmode="1024x768x32,800x600x32,640x480x32,1024x768,800x600"
set timeout=0
set gfxpayload=keep
set gfxpayloadforcelfb=y

insmod vbe
insmod gfxterm
insmod font
insmod jpeg

loadfont /grub/ascii.pf2
terminal_output gfxterm
background_image /grub/img.jpg

Tried. It seems it switch to console mode after showing the splash screen, and the fonts are not linux native fonts as when it is set to "terminal_output console". I can boot up to X, but switching to the console would hang the screen or hang when X terminates.

If I remove the "set gfxpayload=keep", the boot up will be ok. It'll switch to console mode after displaying the splash screen. But, I would like the previous behavior of hiding the console using "set gfxpayload=keep".

Thanks,
Jeff