grub-devel

Re: `"prefix" is not set` error message in early GRUB startup

From: Seth Goldberg
Subject: Re: `"prefix" is not set` error message in early GRUB startup
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 22:13:02 -0800 (PST)

however there's a problem -- if gzio does exist on the tftp server and it's loaded, when we hit gzio during the grub_load_modules() iteration, a fatal error occurs (we should be able to detect this and just ignore the fact that the module as already been loaded).

Sorry -- this is wrong. If gzio is before normal on the mkimage command line, grub_dl_load()'s call of grub_dl_get() will return it and it will NOT be retrieved from the $prefix dir.

 --S