grub-devel

suppressed compilation warnings when using gnulib

From: Szymon Janc
Subject: suppressed compilation warnings when using gnulib
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 22:19:07 +0100

Hi all,

I've noticed that compilation warnings for regexp.c and wildcard.c are
suppressed by CFLAGS_GNULIB. Removing it expose ftbs caused by both missing
defines for gnulib and compilation warnings (see attached patch). I'm not sure
how we should handle missing defines but I think that we should not suppresed
warnings like it is done now.

Currently only regexp uses gnulib so this problem is not so important, but in
future more modules might start using it and this should be handled somewhat
better.  Yet, I'm not sure how.. maybe a wrapper header or CFLAGS_GNULIB_USER
in conf/Makefile.common?

--
Szymon K. Janc
address@hidden // GG: 1383435