grub-devel

Re: Public editable grub2 theming manual

From: Barry Jackson
Subject: Re: Public editable grub2 theming manual
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 19:21:15 +0000

On 20/11/10 14:55, Colin Watson wrote:
On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 03:07:59PM -0000, Matt Sturgeon wrote:
    I have decided to fork [1]Colin D. Bennett*s  [2]unmaintained manual on
    creating themes for Grub2's gfxmenu module. it is available to view and
    edit via Google Docs [3]here. I highly recommend merging this into the
    Grub2 manual.

Colin's manual was merged into the GRUB Texinfo documentation some time
ago (under "Theme file format").  Rather than forking it yet again,
could you please send patches against docs/grub.texi for improvements
you feel should be made?

Thanks,

Could anyone point me to the correct way to implement a theme correctly. The links here go into great detail about creating a theme but I can find nothing about the syntax to use it. Maybe a section could be added to that documentation?
Thanks,
Barry