grub-devel

How to configure grub2 to boot identical kernel with different kernel pa

From: Patrick Doyle
Subject: How to configure grub2 to boot identical kernel with different kernel parameters
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 21:22:35 -0500

I would like to configure my grub2 setup on Ubuntu 10.04 such that I
can boot with one of two different sets of kernel parameters.  I am at
a loss as to what terms I should feed into Google to explain to me how
to do this, so I figured I'd just ask you folks.

Sometimes I want to boot with the default set of parameters (as
specified with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in /etc/default/grub, and
sometimes I want to boot with a different set of parameters.

Currently, I just go into edit mode and type in the parameters.  Most
of the time I type them correctly.  I would prefer to dummy-proof this
process.

--wpd