grub-devel

Re: Option "profile"

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: Option "profile"
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 09:43:48 +0000

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 02:04:43AM -0200, Teresa e Junior wrote:
> So here it goes: is the command-line option "profile" some patch
> available only for Ubuntu (nothing I could find looking at the Ubuntu
> Changelog)? Or do I need a newer version of Grub?

Command-line options may be set in the GRUB configuration file, but
(with a few very narrow exceptions) GRUB does not interpret them and has
no idea what they mean.  They are interpreted either by the kernel, by
the distribution's initramfs scripts, or by the distribution's init
scripts.  It is not usually correct to ask about them on this mailing
list.

In Ubuntu, the 'profile' option is interpreted by
/etc/init/bootchart.conf.